De flesta anser att nektar är ursprungsmaterialet till honung.Det är tydligen inte alla som är överens om detta.
Till hemsidans fördel är att de kompleterat med en ytterligare sida som tolkar honung lite anorlunda. (http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/why-we-should-not-eat-animal-products/honey-and-royal-jelly.html ) (läst 2017-10-04)
RAW FOOD EXPLAINED konstaterar att bina produserar honung av det pollen de äter.( http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/sugars-and-other-sweeteners/why-honey-is-a-harmful-food.html ). (läst 2017-10-04)
Article #1: Why Honey Is A Harmful Food By T.C. Fry
It is, of course, true that honey is a wonderful food—for bees! The popularly fostered idea among health seekers that honey is a wholesome, nutritious and natural sweet for humans is fallacious.
Honey is the product of the bee’s stomach. The bee ingests pollen from flowers and, in its stomach, mixes it with formic, manite and other acids. Then the honey is deposited in cone cells and, by the wind created by a multitude of bees wings, substantially dehydrated.
Without these acids and the drying, honey would readily ferment and prove unusable for the bee which must have a dependable food supply for up to eight months in some of the harsher climates. Because of these acids and dehydration, honey is impregnable to bacteria. It is rather poisonous in the human digestive tract.
As a food for us honey is woefully mineral and vitamin deficient. Humans require infinitely more food factors than bees.
While honey contains several very desirable sugars, these have been rendered toxic by the protective acids imparted to them by the bees. These acids are the bees’ preservatives. Humans do not have the enzymes to break these acids down, as have the bees, and must rob their bodies of vital base-forming minerals to neutralize the acids.
When humans eat honey, it immediately begins to reabsorb moisture from the stomach and stomach flora. It destroys our symbiotic bacterial population wholesale. Several tablespoons of honey makes most people very sick.
In humans honey, more so than cane and beet sugars, is acid-forming and decalcifying. The body draws calcium from its teeth and bones, if necessary, to neutralize the acids introducedand formed.
Manite acid of honey is a protoplasmic poison. It interacts with protein and from this, forms alcohol, ammonia and carbonic acid.
As eaten, honey is an atrocious food. It is usually added to starches and proteins as a sweetener. It readily ferments when held up in the stomach with other longer-digesting foods. The byproducts alcohol, ammonia and carbonic acid are deleterious to human health.
Honey is, therefore, neither a nutritious nor a safe food. Life Scientists should not use honey as a part of their diet.